We met up with a college buddy of Leaf's and had a great time snorkeling and catching up. I had not seen the guy in 10 years!

On Tuesday it was Leaf's 32nd birthday....so we golfed of course. We played at Makena on the south side of the island. It was beautiful and we played horrible. The day started with me getting my pants dirty with sunscreen, next I spilled my lunch on my shirt, then I forgot socks, and I forgot to cut my nails. I think Leaf wanted to kill me. On top of that the course was HILLY. Every green was surrounded by a hill you had to climb up or down. By the back nine Leaf was pulling me up the hills. At least the views were awesome.
Leaf on a tee box
I guess not only my belly is growing!

The story of our day...Leaf getting a ball.

Wednesday we went snorkeling and SCUBA diving. We went to Molokini Crater and Turtle Town. Luckily some other wife was left behind while her husband dove so I had a buddy to snorkel with. We saw lots of turtles and fish and we met the highlight of our trip, Edward Forty hands. If there was ever a reason not to live in the Valley this kid is it. Leaf sat next to a kid on the boat who was dumb as dirt. Beavis and Butthead look like geniuses compared to this kid. He seriously was telling Leaf how "cool" it was when he was in high school and they duct taped forties to their hands. He capped the story off with a "huh, huh, huh...Edward Forty Hands." Thus the name.
Thursday was by far the best day for me....I lied. Part of my earlier unhappiness was because everything I wanted to do I could not. No horseback riding, no diving, no hiking the volcano, no sipping fruity drinks....but Leaf gave in. We went on a zipline tour. Now, I did not exactly have doctors permission. I did ask if I could go up to that elevation though. Leaf watched the thing on TV and decided it was safe. He told me I just looked fat and they would never know...I was only partly offended.

We went on five cables, the longest 750 ft and 150-200 ft off the ground. It was awesome. Leaf wore the same helmet as Kenny Loggins.
On this trip we also met the most hilarious family. They were crude, loud, and screamers. Watch the video.Friday we just relaxed, golfed again and Saturday we headed home.

At the top of the volcano
My belly update for Dee.
If you were wondering where to go for Easter...I hear Jesus is coming to Maui. At least it says so on the sign. The end
1 comment:
So, I have no comment about the drag line-I am so glad you both had so much fun doing that!
Hawaii is great-I am glad you went and had a good time.
Post a Comment