Thursday, October 18, 2007

Why I whine

Well today was one for the record books. Today sucked a big fat toe. It started fine, I figured it would end fine but nothing seems to be going right for me and teaching.

First, I came to the realization that by the time I jumped through all the hoops to get my job back at Edison I would be leaving for maternity leave. I passed every stupid test I needed to, I have 6 weeks left and I will complete my Masters and Credential, I contacted everyone I needed to and then....I still have to wait. So resigned to subbing I was on my way to the District office to sign the paper work.

I made an appointment and got out the door, forgetting my phone but I was only going a few miles. As I drove down the road, dejected and grumbling about my problem, I heard a thunk. Then the car was dead. Second bad thing. I realized I was not moving anywhere so I got out and started pushing the car to the side of the road. I was in a bad area on top of it all. Luckily the mailman stopped and helped me park it. Then the walk.

Because I forgot my phone I started walking to my nearest friends house. It is not like I could stop and call anyone because who knows any ones phone numbers these days. So about a mile or so later (in wedged shoes) I arrived at Angela's and Eric's in tears.

So for the second time in three months Eric saved me. He went and got his Dad and trailer to tow the car home. Of course when we got back to the car it started. At least it smoked a little. My dad said it is something with the alternator...probably related to the last save by Eric when the battery died.

At least I know I have good friends in town. Thanks guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why you whine?? Hmm... You have always whined.