Sunday, October 28, 2007

What was I thinking

Last week was the end of my freedom I was back to work. The first day went surprising well I only threatened to quit once or twice. The principal sat me down and explained I would be paid soon and once I got to know the kids I would like it...who is he kidding. I did like the kids the first few days but then reality set in that I actually had to teach them something. I really just want to stay home, golf, play Guitar Hero, and eat brownies.

Since I am going back to work I needed more clothes. So today Gram and Mom took me shopping, Janet came along for fun too. I am not huge by any means BUT I have some girth to me that is unsettling. I have always worn small or medium clothes...not anymore. I bought large tops today and not because my belly is big. I left my sisters at home for a reason...Janet did a good job standing in to remind me of how much more I still have to grow.

I just have to say that for the first time in my life I really despise a certain part of our population. Tall people can such my big fat toe. First tall people, meaning all those over 5'5", can shop in the regular section of the store. They pay less for clothes, they can reach the food on the top shelf at the grocery story. They can drive any car because reaching the peddles is not an issue...or seeing over the hood. They can see at concerts and movies. Their feet do not hang when they sit on chairs at restaurants....or when seated on a large toilet. Then on top of all that, they do not get HUGE when they are pregnant!

I can hear my mom right now..."But Donna it is a blessing." Sure mom, I know and so it taking a poop everyday. I guess I can be thankful that at least everything works.

On to another delightful week in the story of my life.

3 comments:

Liz Nicks said...

ok, so if over 5'5" is tall... what am I?:) also, tall people do get big when they are pregnant...just not as early in the pregnancy as short people do!

Donna said...

Okay you are in the same boat as me becuase you have to buy pants in special sizes too. I still have an argument in that your feet touch the floor when you use a public toilet and mine do not!

Mom D said...

size is relative- and you are my relative. We just get big in our family! We have good birthing hips. Enjoy the girth-it is the only time in your life when it is OK to have girth-and yes it is a blessing!