I will admit with two sisters and three nieces, a boy would have been fun but what a relief to have a girl. I would have no clue what to do with a boy and all their gross habits...Leaf is bad enough.
So the little lady was not very cooperative today. The ultrasound lady made me do all sorts of things trying to get the pictures they needed. First, I had to come in with a full bladder, then they wanted me to empty it, then I had to tap on my belly, next I had to bend over and touch my toes 10 times....nothing worked. She wanted a nap. You can even see her hands over her head while we were bugging her. Plus, a big High Five for the camera.
Leaf had new students today and was teaching a class so he was late to the appointment. When he got there the ultrasound lady showed him what he missed. It was so fun to watch him see her for the first time. I asked the lady not to tell me what the baby was until he got there. When she told us we were shocked and Leaf fell in love. He tried to claim the baby was beautiful....it looks like an alien to me. Anyhow he stopped by the store on the way home and bought a dress, a "my heart belongs to daddy" shirt, oh...and a token "I love mommy shirt." I think I am going to try to milk all the attention I can in the next few months.
I also took Jack to the vet for surgery to fix the broken blood vessels in his ear. Labs apparently like to shake their heads and this is common. I cried on my way home because he was scared and he has to spend the night tonight all by himself....more tears.
Enough for now.
3 comments:
I am happy it is a girl!!! I will buy Leaf a shot gun when she turns 14.
She will have really pretty hair. I know that sounds weird but it won't be like nappy like mine. It will probably be the "good" curls.
But seriously.... YAY!!!!! I am just happy it is a baby :)
I am happy it's a girl too-and Leaf is right. She is beautiful! And, so far her personality fits right in with the rest of us!
First off, my bladder was also WAY TOO full during my first ultrasound. I was in SUCH pain the whole time I was waiting, but better too full than not full enough I say!
Congrats on the girl too! Adnres bought her the cutest green dress when we found out!
Post a Comment