Okay on top of getting Dee out of town my Dad found time to make a dog house for Jack and Arnold. The thinking is that they would use it in the rain.
To put everything that follows into perspective Jack is "my" dog and Arnold is Leaf's. We love them both but the dogs have their favorites. Jack, if you do not know him, likes to sleep all day, take walks, and eat. If Jack was a person he would be a poet or an artist, live in SF, smoke a lot of pot, and be very in touch with his softer side. Arnold on the other hand is a mans dog. He is loud, runs around all crazy, has the attention span of 2 seconds, and is overly enthusiastic about everything. He is a typical lab. So here is the story.
There is one dog house and the odd couple have to share. Today was the first rain and I had one dry dog and one mud puppy. I opened the back door and Arnold came out of no where covered in mud and ran in the house. There is now mud everywhere! (I am leaving the clean up for Leaf) Normally, I am the cleaner but this is going to require some getting on the floor and that is not happening. Plus, Leaf thinks cleaning just magically happens at our house...a belief that will not be passed on to any of his off spring.
So thanks Dad for the dog house. Now I just need a dog with some brains that knows to stay in the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, it's been a while since I checked this thing, having just spoken to you. But, this is hilarious...picturing Jack and Arnold living in that house then being shut out together is definately the "odd couple". I was giggling so hard I almost peeed my pants! Janet
Hey! Those are my grandsons you are talking about!
Mom
Post a Comment