Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Knocking on the wrong door

A few months ago I noticed this strange sensation in my intestinal area. As time has gone on I realized that is the baby kicking me in the a@#. Not the most pleasant of feelings but something that was not everyday.

Fast forward to this week. I started getting this funny feeling when I sat down. At first I tried to lay down to avoid it but there are just times when you need to sit. I decided it was time to consult Leaf...He is a trained medical professional. Finally, all the years of school are paying off for me....he has been very useful lately.

So I started out with some simple questions...like what are hemorrhoids? How do you know you have them? Stuff like that. Then I though maybe he should look to see if I have them. As soon as the words left my mouth...I changed my mind. From the look on his face we were crossing into one of those areas where no relationship should go. I quickly envisioned having to look into his most private of areas and decided...I will take some pre-emptive actions and never ask him a question like that again. What was I thinking?

So I bought those wipe things, some prunes, and realized I do not have hemorrhoids.....just fear of them. I know they will come thanks to my sister spilling the beans. At least I am now well prepared...and regular (prunes are an amazing fruit).

1 comment:

Liz Nicks said...

Donna! You crack me up and not ALL pregnant women get hemerrhoids. A lot get them during labor from the pushing, but it's not inevitable.(I didn't get them but my sister did)
As i read the part about you asking Leaf to check, I thought, wow what a close relationship they have! Dang girl... that was risky!