Last weekend was the baby shower and Shannen, Darlene, my Mom, Angela, and Janet did a fabulous job. Everything was wonderful and just what I wanted. Low key. It was great to see all my friends and family. I know I do not seem that excited when I talk to people or open presents but Leaf can attest that I get really calm when big things are going to happen.
Me opening some presents.
The "girls"
Diaper cakes made by Darlene....she is really talented.
So after the shower I spent most of this week getting things organized and figuring out what essentials we needed to pick up. First, kids are expensive. Who knew you needed all that stuff for something that is so small. Jack and Arnold were easy..some toys, some food, and a bed. They did bite and occasionally have accidents in the house but they were cheap by comparison. I am sure potty training the dogs will be just like a kid so we should be set, right mom?
The first big challenge of our parenting careers already occur ed...installing the car seats. I am pretty good at it since I have done it several times for my nieces. The biggest problem is I am 9 months pregnant and cannot push and pull as hard as I need to at this point. I got one in my car with no issues and showed Leaf how to do it. Then it was his car and a different seat. At one point Leaf had me sitting in the seat while he was trying to tighten the straps, we were snapping at each other and he was really mad. Finally, I said "why don't you push and I will pull." Well there was the problem something was twisted so it would not tighten. The car seat is now safely installed and peace is back in our home.
So, as for now, I am just having irregular contractions and waiting for something to happen. I will try to post before we leave for the hospital. Until then...
1 comment:
Congrats on installing the car seat.. and congrats on the baby shower, looks like you got lots of stuff:)The funny thing with my shower gifts was that I put it all away when i got home and then forgot about a lot of the stuff I got till a month or so after i had her. So it was like having a baby shower all over again. AND i was 3 cen. in the hospital for almost 2 days when they were trying to induce... good times.
Post a Comment