Friday, June 13, 2008

Elana's Big Roll...oh and Daddy too

Elana rolled over by herself today and then repeated it 2 more times. I did not have the heart to put her back on her stomach a third time. She was not happy about the fact that it took me 3 times to film it.


The other big news is Leaf "graduated" from his residency. We at least went to a dinner and he got a certificate. There are only 2 weeks left and then he is done. He cannot wait for it to be over....I can't blame him. He has worked so hard and done a great job. It will be nice for us to finally enjoy all our hard work. It will also be strange that no one is in school in our family. This is a first in our marriage. I do have to take some classes to clear my credential but that is more professional development than school...at least that is what we will tell ourselves. So this has been a good week. Elana will be 12 weeks old on Saturday and Sunday is Father's Day!

5 comments:

Liz Nicks said...

I have to admit, I just clapped when she got all the way over. BTW~my daughter is sitting on the kitchen floor, emptying the diaper bag and tearing apart a book... oh how I loved the days she could finally roll over!

Thanks for the purchase also!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! She is so sweet :) It was a real roll too. Thanks for catching it on film even though it looks like she had a tear in her eye from your retakes on the set. The life of a baby movie star :)

Anonymous said...

How cute! That rolling over stuff is hard work-amazing Mom to catch it on video even though it was the third time.

Anonymous said...

And very proud of Leaf! Sorry you have to take second stage to your beautiful daughter!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I finally saw this video and I have to say I am even more in love with my little neice!! She did such a great job! Nice one catching it on film, Donna! I am also so incredibly proud of you and Leaf. You guys have worked your butts off in school and now you will finally enjoy some well deserved down time! Elana told me she was real proud of her mama and daddy too!

-Auntie Shannie