Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Monterey



Leaf, Elana, and I went to Monterey this last weekend....our first family trip. We have stayed at my parents several times so we had the packing down pretty good. We managed to make it there with out stopping which is a big deal to avoid having to stop to feed.

The trip was a little different than our usual trip to Monterey. In the past we would go to dive or play golf. So we were going to have to find new things to do. We tried shopping in Carmel which was neat to see for about 10 minutes...all I wanted to do was go to the water and sit on the beach. Leaf did not think that was a good idea so we sat in the car and looked at the water. I guess we have to wait a little bit longer before we subject our daughter to the elements.

I have to say this first because what I will say next will get me in trouble. Leaf arranged for me to have a massage which was really thoughtful....of course I did not go because I was not spending that kind of money when he could rub my shoulders for free! Actually, I woke up early and wanted to get going instead and kinda ruined the surprise.

Leaf is a caveman (that I love despite his meat head ways). So Mr. Caveman thought that he would try to be romantic in the hotel. The baby was in her bed asleep and he thought it was the perfect opportunity...plus he just watched Sports Center. He turned to me and said "hey babe you wanna do it." At least he asked, normally he would club me over the head and drag me to the bedroom. Before I was overwhelmed by my husbands smooth moves I heard a huge, nasty poop being made by Elana. I looked at Leaf and we both laughed. I guess there will not be any romantic weekends for a while....poor Leaf.