Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. We were exposed to a violent form of the stomach flu. It all happened over the weekend when we went to help move Gram's stuff into storage. Camryn had "food poisoning" the day before but we feeling fine on when we saw her. I left the girls in charge of the baby while I helped pack....sort of. Really I just kept trying on all my grandma's clothes and making Darlene laugh. They were totally to small and way 80 year old ladyish.
Anyway Kasey and Lindsey were holding the baby and entertaining her. After we moved most of the stuff we did the usual dinner and my parents. Right after dinner Lindsey disappeared and then Darlene and then I heard someone yelling. When I found them Darlene, the loving mother, was laughing and Lindsey was vomiting. Luckily my mom was there! In Darlene's defense she was laughing because Lindsey would scream she did not want to throw up and try to stop it form happening and then it would...I guess you had to be there.
This lead to Kasey, who has an unnatural fear of vomit, going into hysterics. I tried to reason with her and explain that no one likes to vomit. I even said I should be the one freaking out I have a baby who could get really sick. So Kasey went home with her Dad and Darlene tried to get Lindsey to a point they could leave. Darlene arrived home to find that Kasey too had began to vomit. The strangest thing about Kasey's fear of vomit is that the last time she had the flu she was an infant and does not remember it. So in a sense, she has never experienced being sick. All I can say is poor Darlene because Kasey did not "know" how to vomit. She did not go to the bathroom and use a toilet or use a trashcan...she just got sick. Somehow Darlene has yet to develop any symptoms.
To top it all off my mom was up all night with it as well. As for Leaf and I it has been 3 days and we have not gotten sick. The baby is fine too. So we survived.
To top off the weekend of exposure Leaf's friend Nick came down with hepatitis A. The doctors say he contracted it a month ago....about the time we all went out to dinner! Luckily we did not eat the homemade cake Nick made last weekend for a party or we would be getting tested along with everyone else. The worst part of that story is Nick teaches elementary school and he also make cupcakes for his daughters class...which means all those people will be notified by the health department and told to be tested. Personally, I would never show my face again. Poor guy....his new girl friend from the earlier post is still with him and stayed with him while he was in the hospital. She is a better woman than me.
1 comment:
That is sick. Seriously sick. Glad I wasn't around for that one :(
Poor Nick too!
Post a Comment