Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Moving

I am not a mover. I really hate it and in the last 10 years Leaf and I have moved together 4 times and this will be the 5th. In all those moves I was the packer and Leaf the lifter....this was not by choice but personal style. Leaf would literally not pack until the moving truck was at the door. This time is different....one, I am a little smarter and two, Leaf wants to get a fresh start.

At this point in our lives we know our strengths and weaknesses and we work well together. So I am the planner and Leaf listens...most of the time. Leaf likes to have a game plan...which takes about an hour for him to verbalized exactly what I said to do at the start but it makes him feel better and I have learned just to listen.

Sunday's game plan was to throw away stuff. We made 3 trips to Goodwill and 3 to the dumps. We have barely anything to move. We took the approach that if we were not going to use it or we were planning on replacing it to toss it. So if you come for a visit in the next year do not expect to have a place to sit, eat, or even eat with. We have a bed......for ourselves. I guess our style will be minimalist.

Below is the little furniture we have and my suitcase of clothes.
The idea is catching on. My mom came the last 2 days to help me out (thank goodness) and she was going home to do some purging of her own. This from the woman who saves everything.

On the house hunt. What a pain. Everyone who is not looking for a house thinks there are all these deals. There are if you want a piece of junk that was foreclosed on and trashed...we should know we are moving from a house that will be foreclosed; cat pee garage and all. After looking at least 30 houses in person we did find the perfect house BUT there was a sale pending. There is a chance that the deal will fall through. There is some issue but we do not know exactly what it is, just that there is an issue. We put in a back up offer and are crossing our fingers. If that deal falls through we have the house. We will know this Friday or next Monday.

A preview to next weeks blog is our "new home" with my parents.

1 comment:

Eyrene said...

Holy buckets. That's an impressive house cleaning. Good luck finding a place. My brother is getting one in Hughson and escrow should be closing in early July, if all goes well. I hate moving and I hate hunting for a place to live. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out well for you guys and your many critters. :)