Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weekly musings

So it is only Wednesday but a lot has happened...at least for me to whine about. First and foremost is my newly found understanding on why overweight people stay heavy. It is a pain in the a#@ to get in shape. I sweat like a pig, can barely run a mile, and no air flows between my chubby little thighs.

At first I thought I was peeing myself then I realized that when your thighs get no air they sweat...totally gross. From this realization I decided enough is enough and started trying to run. Since I can only run for about a mile, I walk another mile and do some other stuff on top of that. At the end of one week of this crap I lost one pound! One freaking, measly pound! A smarter person would just except their fate but me, I am going to keep going and fighting. Besides I like it.

The second whine of the week is bout Leaf. You think you have a guy figured out then something like this happens. For the last 14 years we have been together Leaf has had an issue with falling asleep while reading. Honestly right now it is because he is worn out from commuting, working, and having a new born. He has led a frantic life for years. As an undergrad his books were so gross because he would fall asleep on them and drool on the pages. His face would stick to the pages. At that time his lack of sleep was due to working long hours and trying to pay for school himself. Anyhow, after 14 years of trying to keep him awake and nagging him to sit up when he reads I found a solution. Cappuccino. Leaf had to read a book for his residency and the night before it was due had 350 or so pages to read. He started to fall asleep and I decided I would fix him up good. I made a little concoction and he read for hours and was shocked....to bad he is now done with his education. This would have saved me countless hours of trying to wake him up. Needless to say Leaf is looking forward to no school and some well deserved sleep.

The third gripe I have is jury duty. I got the summons back in January and I was to serve when I was on bed rest. I postponed it and figured I could do it once the baby came....well today was the day I had to go in. I got up early, showered, packed up Elana's stuff, and was out the door by 8:45. This is a full half hour early. When I got to the jury room....without being mugged in the parking structure....the "nice" lady told me to write that I am a stay at home mom with no childcare, sign my card, and leave. I was not getting credit for serving! I called all week. I walked through downtown Stockton to find the darn courthouse and I do not get credit. She would not even validate my parking!

I went home a took a nap.

3 comments:

Eyrene said...

Firstly, yeah, welcome to my world. And you boobs end up hurting too cause no matter how much you strap them down, they still bounce too much when trying to run.

Secondly, wow, I am indeed amazed it took that long figure out a way to fix Leaf so he can get his reading done. But at least it got the job done when he needed it. Good luck with no school stuff for a while (except for those 'brushing up the teaching credential' ones).

Thirdly, I can't believe the stupid Stockton people would actually not even validate your parking. Moronic even. Was SJCEHD close by so you could validate it there? ;)

Donna said...

SJCEHD moved to the ghetto. They are now where we had to go to get city of right of way permits...

Unknown said...

Donna
I feel your pain...When I got a jury notice after just moving to Fremont with NO family or friends for miles I wrote in that I was a stay at home mom w/o childcare and was responsible for other people's child care and I was denied!! I called and asked what I was supossed to do and the lady was a total bitch. I told her that I would just have to bring my kids with me because I had NO child care or family and she told me that the judge would be happy to find me in contempt of court!! WHAT???!!! Nice judicial system we have! Like there are not a million other people who can and love to do that stuff.
Anyway, needless to say I have been less than helpful when it now comes to jury duty.
HAve a good one
Shelley