Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yum Rockets???? Bad advertising

I was watching TV and a Subway commercial came on. At first I thought I must have misheard. Then the commercial came on again and yep I was right...they said Yum Rocket when referring to a sandwich.

The commercial goes something like "stop on buy and order yourself a nice yum rocket." The first thing that came to my mind cannot be written in a nice respectable blog like this. I feel a little dirty just writing this. To test if it was just me with the perverted sense of humor I turned to the authority or at least the guy with a 12 year olds sense of humor and asked what he thought they said. When Leaf broke out in laughter I knew I was right. We managed to expand a bit on the commercial and add some Ace and Gary comments.

Yum Rocket sounds like a pick up line heard in the Castro, not a sandwich. Imagine walking down the street and saying "mmm, I would love to put my lips around a nice yum rocket." I am OF COURSE talking about a Subway Club people! Still it could be totally misconstrued.

I dared Leaf to go in and order a yum rocket and see what they clerk would say but then we thought it might get him arrested.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO.. I'm almost crying over here!! Thank you for my morning laugh!!! God Bless!!!

Lydia ;))) so so so funny!!!

Anonymous said...

I like saying yum rocket like how they sing "hot pocket."

Reminds me of the corn nuts "bust a nut," campaign in the 90's. What do you wanna do?? I wanna bust a nut!

Anonymous said...

Okay...totally along the same lines of "bust a nut." I remember thinking "what da?" when I first heard that commercial on the radio! I cannot believe Subway has a Yum Rocket! Does that come with extra mayo? I know...I am sick!