Okay so I have a family history of thyroid problems. So it was no surprise that I have an issue. I talked about it months ago when I was pregnant. I was monitored the whole pregnancy and at my 6 week postpartum check up tested normal....normal blood sugar, normal thyroid.
Well I have been super hot and grouchy but figured it was that we were living in a small bedroom and I was just adjusting to the move. Then one night I was lying on my side and swallowed and it felt funny. I thought to myself "gee maybe my thyroid is enlarged." So I made an appointment to have a physical. Here is why I listen to myself. My thyroid is messed up...when Leaf looked at the blood test even he went whoa. On top of that my fasting blood sugar was a bit to close to prediabetes. So I cannot have milk because I am allergic to that and I have to watch my diet to avoid raising my blood sugar. Lets just say do not come to my house and expect to find anything good to eat.
So I have more tests, of course, in the next few weeks. The really crappy part is I have an overactive thyroid which should make me skinny BUT of course it is not. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment