Monday, November 3, 2008

This is a bunch of stuff

So Elana is 7 months old...check out flicker to see more pictures. She is not crawling but scooting everywhere. She has a tooth. She has no hair thanks to my aggressive cradle cap cure...but it is gone. She laughs huge belly laughs and well she is the cutest thing ever made.

My mom and I went to Hawaii to scatter Gram's ashes. I really wanted to take Gram around the island one last time and take pictures with the urn in all her favorite spots...like the gnome thing but my mom said no. For the record Mom was laughing and we did talk about all the fun we could have. Instead we drank a chi chi for Gram...which was her favorite drink. I was a bit disappointed to find out a chi chi is just a pina colada made with vodka instead of rum.
We found an awesome catamaran dude named Tom. He took us out on the Kamehameha (for some reason I can spell this but the rest of the page was all yellow with misspelled words!) and we sent Gram on her way. Gram could not swim so it was kinda ironic that when I placed the urn in the water it sunk like a rock...just like Gram would have (moms words not mine). Tom picked some plumeria for us to toss in the water and my mom threw those in too. The lid came of the urn and floated so it was nice to see the little heart lid floating amongst the plumeria.
Side note here, my family is from Hawaii...the other side not the Italian side..so I sorta look the part when there amoungst my portuguesse aunties/uncles. The humidity makes my hair curl, I have a big butt, and I drool in my sleep...all the markings of a good portegee. Needless to say I was pi#$ed when a guy tried to tell me he was the only man on the island who did scatterings...for $1,500! At that point I thought I should have used my madien name and used some more pigeon when I talked. Anyway Tom was a great guy and that made up for it.

Elana was awesome on the plane despite teething and FINALLY cutting a tooth. She mostly slept and played. She also loves anyone who is brown...go figure. She kicks her legs and squeals at them. She flirted with everyone....which is cute now but I am hoping it will stop before she is 15.

So of course here are a few pictures of the trip and Elana.View from our hotel at sunset...I could throw a ball to the ocean
Sorry Grandma but Elana is cute in this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously, Donna...my little neice is the cutest baby I have ever seen. Look at her smile! She totally has your smile! She is just beautiful!!! It looks like you all had a great time in Hawaii! Gram would be honored.

Love,
Shannen

Eyrene said...

Great update. Glad you got to take your gram's ashes and send her off in style. Looks like it was a great time. Elana really is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Yes Shannen, Elana is a beautiful baby-and I am not biased just because I am her grandma!
Darn! Forgot my password again!!