Monday, March 16, 2009

Buckingham Palace

Today we took the a bus down to the Palace and walked around. Honestly it sounds much more interesting than it was. The Palace was not as glamorous as I thought it would be and there was no sign of anything special. The guards moved about and the buildings were beautiful but if Deanne had not pointed it out I would have missed it.
Elana having lunch with the queen
The parks or gardens around the palace were more interesting to me. The flowers were in bloom and the trees were amazingly large. I love sycamores and there were hundreds lining the walkways. We walked over to an area where mounted guards were stationed and took a picture. The horses were so beautiful. We then made our way over to Piccadilly Circus (not a circus at all) and a nearby park. Elana instantly made friends and got over her aversion to grass. She crawled around and we chased her. By the way Elana has not learned to walk yet she did try a step last night which ended with her on the floor. She has however starting clapping on her own. It is hilarious because she starts it up and then looks at everyone to make sure they are joining along. The look on her face is precious.
Now Dee is cooking dinner and we are waiting for Andrew to come to dinner. Tomorrow is our last day and we are planning to have another adventure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really great pictures, Donna! I love the one with you and Elana in the flower bed. Thanks for posting and keeping everyone updated. I am really glad that you are getting to see so much and enjoying your time there. Love you both and can't wait to see you on Wednesday! Love, Leaf

Anonymous said...

What great pics! My two faves are the one with you and Elana by the tulips and the one with Elana's little butt crawling in the grass. Did mini-Leaf have fun at Buckingham Palace? Has Elana tried to chew on Leaf yet? I cannot wait to see her clapping! P.S. Thanks for coming to dinner last night Leaf! It was great seeing you!

Liz Nicks said...

love the booty shot Elana!! :)