Dee decided that we could fit a bunch of things in the last day. I loved it because we got to walk a ton and the weather was nice. We started out with a typical tube ride to get pastys....not the type you wear on your boobs the type you eat. Dee pronounced it paaasty but I kept say paste E. Anyhow they were great and then we stopped at the tube station where the Born Identity was filmed. The next stop we were out and walking.
The Globe
First, we went by the Globe Theater which was cool because I did actually take British Literature before 1800 and play going in college. I feel better that these things actually exist because I HATED British lit. We also saw Sir Francis Drakes boat...I guess he traveled the world and had a hotel in San Francisco.
Leaf at the Tower Bridge
Then it was on to the story book Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Saint Paul's, Parliament, and a train station where Dee swore she was not lost and knew where we needed to go. She was not lost but it was the only time in all our adventures when she had us not going where we needed to. The cool part was by the time she figured out what bus we needed to take I figured out that I knew how to get home too.

Leaf being held by a statue near Parliament
After our big day we decided to go out for fish and chips and a proper pint. I love fish but I am not a huge fried food person. This trip came at a time in my life when I had actually cut back on fast food and drinking. So dinner was the perfect storm. With one pint I was giddy and the fish and chips put me over the top. I will say it tasted Delicious. I was totally hung over the next day from the fried food. I felt like I needed a good detox.
Some strange building. What the image evokes tells you a lot a bout yourself...I thought an Easter egg....Londoners, well, a sex toy.
We ended the night by relaxing and packing. Dee and Alex just played with Elana and then she fell asleep in Alex's arms. He was so uncomfortable but he would not pass her on. It was cute because they both fell in love with each other. Alex for obvious reasons...Elana is amazing...Elana loved Alex because he gave her mousse and did funny things.
1 comment:
Oh man...I also thought whoa, HUGE SEX TOY! I guess maybe I was a Brit in a past life. I guess that is why I do such a great British accent according to myself and my brother! There was an underlying theme in this post, Donna. Paste-ies and a large sex rocket!
Post a Comment