First, there was another ultra sound to get pictures of things they missed the first time. Everything was fine and she looks even bigger now. I can feel LOTS of kicking and I am thinking the baby will be huge...at least I am hoping she will be since I have tipped the scales at 150+. For a person who never weighed more than 130 lbs that seems huge. Everyone had a good time making fun of me over the holidays. It would be one thing if I ate garbage all day and sat around but I have played golf almost 3 days a week, walked on the other days, did yoga. It is just genetics. In addition, Darlene and Leaf have pointed out I will be able to feed a small army once my milk comes in. Let's just say I do not change near the mirrors because even I am afraid of my own boobs.
Enough of that stuff. The first holiday we celebrated was Hanukkah. Leaf was out of town the first night but I had some friends over and everyone had a great time. Leaf and I lit the candles the next night and realized this would be the last quiet holiday of our lives. On Friday Dec. 7 my mom, dad, Dee, Shannon, and Jason joined Leaf and I at the Temple for a huge Hanukkah party. It was about 300 people all hopped up on latkes and applesauce. Jason had never celebrated Hanukkah so he had quite an experience. He even tried gefilte fish...that did not go over to well.
Jack had a second surgery on his ear. It was really traumatic for him and he hated wearing the cone. He is better know and should get the stitches out this week...God willing. If something is going to go wrong it will happen to Jack. I had some cute pictures of all of this but Arnold struck again and ate the camera. Arnold has been really good for the last year about chewing but once Jack got sick he decided he needed to release some stress. All the animals have given me trouble this month with something. Jack and Arnold capped it all off by eating a box of Cheerios.
Finally, there was Christmas with my family. What a great few days. The celebrations started early with a big announcement, Leaf's sister Shannon is engaged! Leaf and I both are really happy for Shannon and Jason. They are a great couple and perfect for each other. Leaf was feeling old and claiming his baby sister was getting married...I pointed out she is 30 and it is about damn time (no offense Shannon).
On Christmas Eve the Clendenen's lit the advent candles at their church. They each read a part and it was really fun to see them shine. There was an assembly room full of people and the girls acted like it was no big deal. Even Camryn decided to behave...a Christmas gift to her mother. After church we headed home for our traditional Italian soup meal. As usual everyone loved it. The next day the girls came over and we all had dinner and opened presents. It was the perfect end to all the holidays.
So there is the long month in review. Of course so much more went on and in the future I will not neglect my blogging obligations.
Enough of that stuff. The first holiday we celebrated was Hanukkah. Leaf was out of town the first night but I had some friends over and everyone had a great time. Leaf and I lit the candles the next night and realized this would be the last quiet holiday of our lives. On Friday Dec. 7 my mom, dad, Dee, Shannon, and Jason joined Leaf and I at the Temple for a huge Hanukkah party. It was about 300 people all hopped up on latkes and applesauce. Jason had never celebrated Hanukkah so he had quite an experience. He even tried gefilte fish...that did not go over to well.
Jack had a second surgery on his ear. It was really traumatic for him and he hated wearing the cone. He is better know and should get the stitches out this week...God willing. If something is going to go wrong it will happen to Jack. I had some cute pictures of all of this but Arnold struck again and ate the camera. Arnold has been really good for the last year about chewing but once Jack got sick he decided he needed to release some stress. All the animals have given me trouble this month with something. Jack and Arnold capped it all off by eating a box of Cheerios.
Finally, there was Christmas with my family. What a great few days. The celebrations started early with a big announcement, Leaf's sister Shannon is engaged! Leaf and I both are really happy for Shannon and Jason. They are a great couple and perfect for each other. Leaf was feeling old and claiming his baby sister was getting married...I pointed out she is 30 and it is about damn time (no offense Shannon).
On Christmas Eve the Clendenen's lit the advent candles at their church. They each read a part and it was really fun to see them shine. There was an assembly room full of people and the girls acted like it was no big deal. Even Camryn decided to behave...a Christmas gift to her mother. After church we headed home for our traditional Italian soup meal. As usual everyone loved it. The next day the girls came over and we all had dinner and opened presents. It was the perfect end to all the holidays.
So there is the long month in review. Of course so much more went on and in the future I will not neglect my blogging obligations.
No comments:
Post a Comment