Well I spent a Friday and Saturday in the maternity ward at UC Davis. It was a nice dry run to see how things will be in a few weekss. The nurses were great and the food was not so bad.
My trip started out as routine monitoring for about an hour to check the babies movements. While I was hooked up to the monitor someone noticed I was having contractions and that they were pretty regular. I had no clue what a contraction felt like and once they told me I was having them I realized I have been having them for a while. So there was my ticket to stay.
One draw back to be treated at a teaching hospital is that every time you see a doctor there are med students there. That means double the exams! Lots of dumb questions...and not always the best bedside manner. One guy asked me where my placenta was....I said inside of me. How the hell am I supposed to know. Instead of asking if we had any other sexual partners he blurted out "one of the causes of this can be sexually transmitted diesease, we should test you for that." Leaf and I just looked at each other and said that is not an issue. One day the kid will be a real doctor and maybe by then he will learn some bedside manners.
Once I was admitted I stablized pretty quick, the contractions stopped, and I rested. It gave me plenty of time to realize that I needed to slow down. Golfing was probably not a good idea...which I did the day before I was admitted. Now I am on bed rest for atleast the next 10 days. That would put me at 34 weeks and then I can move about a bit more. Whatever I can do to keep this kid inside me I will.
The good that came out of the hospital stay is that the baby is doind great. She is 4 lbs 9 oz. She moves a lot and is very healthy. She seems content staying put.
I will keep this updated when I can. My next appointment is Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So maybe you should bring a golf club to the hospital with you when your ready... this way if things aren't moving fast enough you can just practice your swing and she'll pop right out! But make sure Leaf takes it away when you begin pushing...
I am keeping my phone by my bed at night for a call :)
No worries Dee. I have been really good since the hospital. There should be no late night calls for a while.
I'm not worried- I'm cool!
This is what makes me a "Gray-ma"
Post a Comment