Okay so one last wild weekend in Vegas sounded good a few months ago. The reality was it was not so wild. Originally my sisters, mom, and I planned this trip back in July as a girls weekend. At the time I did not realize I was pregnant, Dee was not moving to England, and Darlene's gallbladder had not yet decided it needed to come out.
Needless to say, my mom and I made the trip. Luckily for me my mom was sick and she has short legs so I could keep up with her. My mom enjoyed getting free things because of me and using me as an excuse. First, there was the cabbie. He was a jerk. My mom actually apologized to him because "I was grouchy." All I can say is the man is lucky my mom was in the cab. My moms next use of me came the next day.
We were playing some slots and pushed a button on the machine that locked in a bet I did not want to make. I pushed the service button and waited. I waited for about 15 minutes. I was calm, not upset, I just did not want to make the bet so I was willing to wait it out. NO ONE came. My mom walks over and finds someone to help. I explain my problem to the man...see I have to play the bet. Loose and walk away. No big deal. It turns out the casino man was looking for me but found my mom to apologize about the wait...mom jumps on this. She again claims I am grouchy because I am very pregnant. BS! I was already at another machine losing away. She ends up with two players cards and two free buffets!
Needless to say, my mom and I made the trip. Luckily for me my mom was sick and she has short legs so I could keep up with her. My mom enjoyed getting free things because of me and using me as an excuse. First, there was the cabbie. He was a jerk. My mom actually apologized to him because "I was grouchy." All I can say is the man is lucky my mom was in the cab. My moms next use of me came the next day.
We were playing some slots and pushed a button on the machine that locked in a bet I did not want to make. I pushed the service button and waited. I waited for about 15 minutes. I was calm, not upset, I just did not want to make the bet so I was willing to wait it out. NO ONE came. My mom walks over and finds someone to help. I explain my problem to the man...see I have to play the bet. Loose and walk away. No big deal. It turns out the casino man was looking for me but found my mom to apologize about the wait...mom jumps on this. She again claims I am grouchy because I am very pregnant. BS! I was already at another machine losing away. She ends up with two players cards and two free buffets!
Since we cannot drink or party we saw some shows. First was the Beatles Circ De Sole. It was really great. I would say they could have done more for what we paid...at least a drink or something but it was amazing. The baby was not such a big fan. At one point I thought she was going to come out of my stomach. I have not felt kicks and rolls like that before. I guess the music was loud.
The next night we fulfilled every 50 something, Harry Potter Reading, ladies dream....not Thunder Down Under, Battle of the Kings. My mom wanted to go see the midevil dinner theater show. My dad would have never gone. It was fun and I am glad we did it.
Despite my mom's cold and me being slow/diabetic we had a great time.
1 comment:
I did not take advantage of your grouchiness!!! I did, however play on the fact that you were V-E-R-Y pregnant and shouldn't be upset. Hey, the meal was good!
Mom
Post a Comment