Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Darlene cursed me

Darlene has been teasing me that I am having the worlds longest labor...now of course it is happening. I have been having regular contractions since Monday afternoon. Tuesday I was at the hospital so I figured what the heck get checked. Which turned into an 4 hour event. I had to go walk for 2 hours to see if anything happened. Well obviously since I am writing this nothing happened. I am stuck at 4 cm. Today I am 4 cm. Despite literally walking miles. I walked all over the place and nothing to show for it but more contractions. So here I sit on Wednesday at 11 pm still waiting. I double checked all the books and well this is only supposed to last 14 hours on average....I have heard all the advice. Just for the record whoever came up with the idea to have sex to bring on active labor is a masochist. First, being 9 months pregnant that is not really high on my list of things to do. Second, I am in pain...why would I want to possibly add to that? Third, I am pretty sure that is what got me into this whole mess.

Since we are on the topic...I find it a bit ironic that I will not go topless at the beach but complete strangers know my cervix is dilated 4 cm. Leaf tells his friends, coworkers, and I have told complete strangers...for some reason this is acceptable. I was listening to Leaf update his friend and it totally occured to me they are talking about my vagina. Like it is public property or something. I guess in a short while I will have my body back and maybe some privacy.

So I am off to rest and hope for progress.

1 comment:

Liz Nicks said...

you crack my up...i was stuck at 3 for 2 days and i thought that sucked! and by the way, i am not your rumor spreader... I heard about your labor issues from someone else. :)