Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A rude awakening is coming...

Lately Leaf and I have been debating about the dogs and how they will cope with the upcoming changes. We (which really means me) have been working on the dogs staying outside more when we are home and reteaching some basic commands.

That being said it has become apparent to me that the person who will have the hardest time adjusting is Leaf. In 9 years of wedded bliss Leaf has become accustomed to certain things. I am not blaming him at all I am the one to blame. Slowly over time I just did things like cook, clean, wash clothes...I guess the traditional housewife stuff. When I started working we tried to split the chores but Leaf was in school and stressed. I picked up the slack, as anyone would, because marriage is a give and take.

Fast forward to today. I have been done with school for months, not working, and back to my old ways. So to say Leaf is spoiled is an understatement but I enjoy spoiling him. He never asks for much but he never wants for much either. I make sure he gets things he likes for his lunches and for dinner. I make him "special" drinks....which is just decaf coffee with milk or hot chocolate but he thinks they are special somehow. I wash his clothes when he needs them, pack his lunch when he running late...which he figured out so that has happened twice this week, make him breakfast sometimes even in bed. I am sure he knows those days are ending so he is milking it for all it is worth and I cannot blame the guy.

This week he has the "world's worst" cough. First, it must be said Leaf is a HUGE wimp when he is sick (sorry Leaf). He manages to pull it together when other people are around but I get the uncensored version. Come to think of it, he was not always this way. This is new in the last few years. When we were first married he just wanted to be left alone. Anyway, he whines, he moans, you name it he does it. He has been on his death bed at least twice in the last few months needing constant care. Last night though he added a new layer to the behavior....grouchiness. He was grouchy at everything and everyone. Like a 15 year old with PMS. Finally, I was pushed to my limit and told him to take his grouchy self to bed and that I had enough of him. Then it hit me...Leaf will be the one with the rude awakening. He is going to have to learn to share and there may be a battle. All I can say is I am not breastfeeding him too!

So, I am sure I will hear about this one. I warn Leaf all the time to be careful what you say and do because it may end up on my blog. I am guessing this will get me in some trouble BUT I am the one who spoils Leaf so I have no one to blame but myself. Plus, I do it all because I love him.

No comments: