This week was the big trip to the doctors to see if Elana gained back her weight. If it was not obvious by the pictures, it is obvious by her appetite that Elana is Leaf's daughter. She eats all the time and easily gained enough to meet her birth weight and then some. I have the sore nipples to prove how much she ate but if she is healthy then it is worth it.
We finally made it out to see Gram, who has been sick. We had to wait a long time but it was worth it. I even convinced Gram to let us take some pictures and they are great. I think it helped Gram feel a little better to hold her 4th great granddaughter!
We finally made it out to see Gram, who has been sick. We had to wait a long time but it was worth it. I even convinced Gram to let us take some pictures and they are great. I think it helped Gram feel a little better to hold her 4th great granddaughter!
It has been really nice to have all the help from our family but I am looking forward to this week when Leaf and I are home together. So far it has been great .... Leaf is in love and he has "conversations with the baby." Elana thanks him for changing her poopy diapers, tells him she wants a "boobie smoothie," and all sorts of things. It was cute at first but it is a bit annoying at 6 in the morning. Other than being overly enthusiastic early in the morning Leaf has done an amazing job. He is totally hands on and loves every bit of being a dad. I know I am not the nicest person when I do not get a lot of sleep but I hope he knows how much I appreciate him.
Well enough for now...
4 comments:
I love this entry Donna. I know that as Leaf's sister, I tend to think he is funny when no one else does. But, I have to applaud the "Boobie Smoothie" comment. That is pretty darn clever. I could not be more impressed with your ability to go on such little sleep and be so pleasant! You are an amazing mama already!
Shannen
Boobie Smoothie is funny...Life will be even more funny when Elana can add to his crazy ideas.
Ahhh...yes, it will also be great for Leaf and I to have another person to think we are as funny as we THINK we are! How will you ever deal with the two of them and their banter?
--Auntie Shannie
Holy cow! You're a mom! How exciting. Congrats, enjoy, sleep while you can. She's gorgeous!
Love, Cindy
Post a Comment