Anyone who really knows me knows I will eat anything in a tortilla. I will drive 30 minutes for a good taco or burrito. I am not talking about your American crap. Real Mexican style taco's...burritos go ask someone south of TJ for a burrito and they will point to a donkey's you know what. Still there are good burritos you can only get at a good Mexican shop.
I have found over the years that the appearance of the place does not matter as long as there are lots of soccer posters. In Turlock I went to Mi Casa which was my favorite by far. It did not have soccer posters but it was awesome. Leaf and I actually drove to Turlock once just to have dinner there. In Stockton I liked Tepa Taqueria. I never went past the taco's and burritos there but they were good. Deanne needed a Mexican food fix when she came back to the States for a visit and that is where we stopped.
So to the Gas Station Taco's. I have lived in Livermore most of my life. I know where to go for Mexican food. Nothing really was good. Leaf and I both (the fat kids we are) counted this as a negative to moving here. Seriously. However last Friday night this changed. We found a little slice of heaven in the gas station down the street. There are actually two Mexican restaurants, in gas stations, near my house. One is a wannabee Mexican place they sell a tomato tortilla with pomegranate chicken burrito ...I am not making that up. The good one is at the Chevron on Vasco. The car wash is good too, not just a drive through. So this taco shop is open 24 hours and for me to be impressed it says a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment