Saturday, September 6, 2008

Life in the new house

So far everything has been great. Elana is sleeping through the night in her own room. The dogs have adjusted to being locked in the tiled area Kitty is Kitty. We did end up sleeping at my parents for a few days after we moved. The first night was because we did not have our bed set up. The next night we did know where anything was we needed. The third night we stayed at the our house...but I did tell Leaf I just wanted him to move out and I would visit him. It is kinda scary how easy it was to move home. I realized that meeting Leaf probably saved me from a life of living at home, collecting webkins, and wearing polyester.

On top of moving I have my nieces on my own during the week. I have Camryn Tuesdays and Thursdays and Kasey and Lindsey after school everyday. It is fun but I had no clue what I was missing out on with the whole picking kids up from school. First, some people have to much time on their hands showing up 20 minutes before the bell rings to get a spot...I tried it once and I was still out in the boonies. I basically spend and hour picking up kids that go to school at quarter mile from my front door!

Today was probably the best day of getting the girls. I busted a little punk at school. The kid was a first or second grader. When he ran by me he turned around and made a disgusting (contextually speaking) gesture to the kid behind him. The little kid actually put two fingers around his mouth in a V and wiggled his tongue. I am assuming he did not know exactly what it meant but he did know it was bad. I turned to a mom near me and her jaw was dropped. I followed the kid in the classroom and told his teacher what the kid did. The funniest part of the story is that I showed the teacher what he did. I imagine the kid will have a hard time sitting for a while....

So that is about it for a bit. We will be unpacking for months.

No comments: