Saturday, October 4, 2008

It has been a while

It is 610 am as I am writing this. Elana decided it was time to get up and play earlier BUT I think she is going back to sleep so while I am waiting I figured I would try to update this.

Things have been crazy! My parents are out of town so I have nobody to go visit...at least who is fun...during the day. They have been gone for a week and a half and still have 2 weeks to go.

The biggest news is I hate pets...They are messy, they wake the baby, they are demanding, they dig/scratch, AND I will NEVER get another one. I told Leaf to enjoy the ones he has because this is it.

Oh, by the way I am typing this with one hand and a squirming baby...I guess we are getting up. On Elana news, she so close to crawling. She spins, she scoots back but nothing where her hands and feet are working together. She is also now saying dada....WTF.I knew it would happen but when Leaf opened the car door and she said dada I will admit I was jealous....he got a tear. She has also said hi to the baby in the mirror....all of this is indiscriminate I know but I have used it to my advantage. When she calls out dada from the crib early in the morning I roll over and say "Leaf she is calling you." It helps with the pain of her sucking me dry and not saying my name yet.

On the Gram front...she is pretty peaceful now. Generally she is happy. Not a huge fan of being awake but I guess she is making up for the years she could not sleep. Since my parents have been gone I have taken over all the Gram stuff...not a big deal since she sleeps so much and does not complain

so that is all I can remember...I need to take some more time to keep this updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Gram. I know you guys knew this was coming. However, no matter how prepared you are, it is still really tough. I am here for you and your fam every step of the way. I can watch the baby whenever you need me. I know she is peaceful now and hope she is in no pain at all. She has been so lucky to have all of you. You are so strong Donna. But just in case you need a break from all that strength, I am just a phone call away. Love you guys!

Auntie Shan