Friday, November 14, 2008

Yesterday was a horrible day

In some ways the day was great and in others horrible. The good stuff first, Elana and Leaf stayed home together for meals, bedtime and it was great. They both seemed to have fun. Not that a 7 month old could tell you but she was not overly clinging to me when I did get home. Auntie Shannie showed up too so I am sure Leaf and Shannon were as annoying as always telling jokes only they find funny...Jason feels my pain.

I also played Bunco which was a good break, I needed at that point. Plus I had the most wins...or something like that and I won a prize bag...with lots of things you totally need or want and would not buy yourself. Bag clips for frozen veggies, smelly things for the dishwasher, essential oil dealio...and so on.

So the crappy things. My lovely sister, who does not read this so I can trash her as much as I want, sends Camryn in cute clothes like skirts with tights, pants that have zippers, and stuff like that. They are cute and totally fine if you have time to help her when she gets frustrated pulling them up and down. Tuesday I ran into a problem with Cam and Kasey trying to get the pants off...I will not even explain but lets just say it did not bring out the best in me. Then Thursday Camryn could not get her pants up several times. I would explain to her what to do while holding Elana but she does not know right from left and freezes. So I was at my parents and Cam was stuck and could not get her pants up. I sat Elana down and helped then I hear a big boom and it was Elana's head on the door frame!!! I picked her up to see a huge indention in her head...from the corner of the frame. I freaked, called Leaf, and then Camryn freaked. I attempted to put ice on it and gave Elana some Tylenol. The indention popped back out in a few minutes and she did not get a goose egg but I was so upset all day. When she slept I would open her eyes to see if they were dilated...it was nap time right after this happened and I could not keep her awake.

My solution to the Camryn problem was to buy her some stretch pants at Target...fashion is out the door. She was excited and I will get less frustrated.

The worst part of the day...I actually cried.. was when my friend called and said she was moving back to New Jersey! I knew she would move sometime because Ca is just not home but I was shocked it is happening now. Leaf and I will really miss her. I guess we will just have to add NJ to our vacation list.

Today looks like a better day...I am tired and going to the gym.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Donna, I am so sorry. I could tell when you got home that you were happy the day is over. I wish only great things for your friend going through this time. I am also really glad Elana was not concused, and was smiling her usual beautiful smile when she woke up. I hope today is a better day!

-Love, Auntie Shanni

P.S. You are right about our jokes Donna. We did laugh a lot. Except that I just cannot comphrehend why you and Jason do not think we are as funny as we KNOW we are.

Anonymous said...

Correction to the spelling of my last comment. I meant "I am glad baby Lana was not concussed" not "concused."

-Auntie Shanni

Eyrene said...

I know exactly what you mean about your friend leaving CA. I found out the day we arrived in HI that my best friend Rosa is moving back to FL because that has become home to her and I cried off and on for two days. It's just so heart wrenching to have my best friend leave and be thousands of miles away rather than a few hours drive, although she'll always be just a phone call away, but that doesn't feel like enough. It hurts, but I know she'll be happier there. Doesn't make it easier, though.