Thursday, December 11, 2008

For Angela

Okay so Angela complained that I have not blogged in a while. True but I have been sick and busy. First, Dee came to visit and do some work on the house. I am sure it was a great vacation for her. I will post pic's of the new bathroom when we are done cleaning up in there. Dee also left me with another gift her cold. Just what you need a foreigner bringing her strange flu to America. So I got Dee's cold and now have my own inhaler.

Since this post started because of a complainer my mom would like me to retract the statement that she does not know how to work her bluetooth. She does now and claims the phone was not working. This was told to her by an all knowing Best Buy boy. You know the ones with the high school diploma and the ambition to be the best darn member of the Geek Squad. Really she does know how to work her bluetooth...

Now for the reason the sun rises and sets....Leaf. I am sure you all were expecting me to say Elana. She is okay but Leaf is better. Just yesterday he rolled over all by himself. He can make his own lunch and, cross your fingers, he might be able to take the garbage out soon! I on the other hand am becoming less capable as the days go on.

I died our whites yellow...the color of pee. I am a bit of an obesser and I need to be doing things all the time so I was throwing clothes in and did not have a full load. I grabbed a new rug, tossed it in, and closed the lid. I thought I was washing darks and when you are my size the inside of the wash basin in hard to see. Leaf could not understand why I was mad...it was my shirts that are yellow, he just has yellow panties (or underwear I guess in man speak).

Now for my princess, Elana is 8 months old and counting. She is growing fast and not just because everyone says that. She is as big as kids that are 14 months old. I was shocked she was as tall as my friends older son and well almost as heavy. I guess she will not be a dainty little thing. As far as Elana's new tricks she is standing up on her own, sitting, giving high fives (at least I think so), feeding herself, walking if you hold her hands (my freaking luck), and talking up a storm. Nothing is safe. She has tried to eat a piece of rug, lint, and packs a nasty bite. My mom thinks Elana has a rotten temper but I feel Elana is just expressing herself. She is a girl who knows what she wants and does not want. The cutest thing Elana is doing is tapping of everything with her little fist or her favorite hammer. I try to limit the hammer because it hurts when she hits you with it but she loves that thing.

So Ang, here is your update and have a good weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that was the cutest.. she will knock on anything :p Like not punch or hit but gently knock like you would on a door. Hey girls can play with hammers too :)

BTW.. I am going to complain now because I wanna see the bathroom. And how the room turned out.. and how many more cans of tan paint you needed.

Eyrene said...

Ahh, I get it. Cute but lethal. Sounds like a combo to keep you on your toes. Great update.

Liz Nicks said...

Thanks for the post...it has been a while and Elana has grown tons since the last pics you put up. As for her being bigger than a 14 month old...I have 2 friends with kids (5 months and 8 months)...and they weigh as much as Connor (who is 16 months!). Which is about 22/23lbs. Strange seeing as though her mom and dad are 6' -6'3"!!!

Cute kid Bunco buddy!

Anonymous said...

When I came over last night, Elana started crying. This is really starting to give me a complex, Donna. Is she associating me with the crazy grandma or something? What the heck, guy? After a few minutes, she let me hold her, but she was a daddy's girl last night. All about Leaf. Anyway, I loved these pics you just posted of Elana. She is my favorite thing, even if she hates me.

Love, Auntie Shannie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Donna! I do like reading and hearing about your misadventures. Can't wait for the housewarming! Elana is getting bigger and man does she look like her daddy.

---Angela

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah, Elana is expressing herself-she does have a temper-she comes by it naturally-all the DeRego women have a bit of a temper. She also talks all the time-like her mother did/does-but I love you both!(and all the talking)
Mom