Darn Facebook. I got hooked on that and neglected my blogging. The worst thing is I told my mom to join and she is addicted. I even go to her for help....makes sense since she is on it all day long. Anyhow that is where I have been.
Elana is growing by leaps and bounds. She cannot walk but that is coming soon. She cruises and gets into trouble. She loves peek-a-boo and crawling and hiding from you. I know it is cute now but I can see where this is going. Camryn and Elana are already attached at the hip. Leaf asks how I get things done and well Camryn is a 3 year old baby sitter. She does not change diapers but hey I can count on enough time to throw some clothes in the laundry or put dishes away from her. Plus they can now officially fight. Elana pushes Camryn out of her way and takes toys. The battles will be epic one day.
I do have to say blogging saved the day. I read on my friend Liz's blog about her daughter having and ear infection back a few months ago. She talked about how her daughter seemed okay to everyone else but she something was just off...well after a long night Sunday, we all were screaming at some point that night, another bout on Monday, we went to the doctors to find out Elana has a double ear infection. Knock on wood, Elana has been really healthy up until now. If this is all we get this year I am grateful. The ear infection is probably from teething or the cold we both had a week or so ago. The funniest symptom is that Elana bangs her head with her fists. I was looking for the obvious ear pulling but no, my kid is a hitter. She would even use her hammer and her binky to do it.
On to me...so I was not only on facebook in the last month I am addicted to exercise. My goal was to get back to my prebaby weight by March 22. I was counting on my boobs shrinking and helping but that is a pipe dream. I can however fit into my jeans from before....some of them. I would not wear them in public but I can zip and button them, sit down, and still breath. So like the jeans I wore in high school. My goal is to run a half marathon in May.
The house front. Dee I took the pictures I just have to upload them...maybe next month. I got the spa up and running. What a freaking chore. The bigger chore is getting Leaf to understand that there is weekly maintenance that has to be done. It started to turn a bit green and I flipped out....just another freaking thing for me to take care of!!! Well I got it fixed and now everyone is on the same page about what needs to be done.
So I am back to this blogging again. It is hard to remember what happened and what was funny if you do not write it everyday....Oh here is a good one. I ruined my nieces life!
First, I am not very sympathetic and a bit of a realist. Kasey and Lindsey were in another stupid fight...an everyday occurrence around here. This time it was about praying for rain. We were in a hurry, buying a valentines gift for my sister from the girls. As we were walking out of the store Kasey screams and Lindsey and I catch something like "no it is true if you pray three times it will come true!!" Well by the time we get to the car I realize Kasey thinks she can pray and God will make it rain...I am a freaking geologist!!! I immediately say praying does not work. Then the water works of another kind turn on. Kasey is really worried about the drought..yadda yadda yadda. Insensitive Donna says stop f%$#ing crying, praying does not make it f%$#ing rain...and it goes on. I did tell her to pray for peace or for people to be nicer granted I may have been yelling but the message was there. Maybe I could have been a little less crazy but I had had enough. At least I said sorry. The lack of sleep is getting to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG...that is SO funny about your niece praying for the rain and you yelling at her to pray for peace. I can just picture it in my mind! =) --Kendra
You should have listened to me about Elana's ears-a grandmother always knows!
I have also heard those exchanges many times-"Is not" "Is too" "#@%*! knock it off!!" Of course it was about 20 years ago.
Post a Comment