We started off the day pretty well. Grandma drove us to the airport and we all had lunch together. In the middle of lunch we realized that somehow we left our sippy cup in at grandma's. So the adventure began to find a new on. It is amazing that there was not one place that sold sippy cups in the whole SF airport. I resorted to buying a glass bottle at SFMOMA store for $12!!! At least Elana used it on the flight. I did have to adapt the nipple with my Ipod head phone jack.
Elana did awesome despite the bottle issue. She fell asleep right at the start of the flight and basically slept the whole time. We met a nice little lady named Anna Rubin....I guessed she was jewish the moment we sat down. There was just something about her. Well it turns out she is a survivor of the Holocaust and she ended up sharing lots of stories with me. A great lady. She even held Elana at one point.
Once the flight was over we negotiated immigration and Dee and Alex were there to greet us. What a huge relief and I finally was excited to be here. Dee showed me around the village a bit and we went shopping. I did take a nap at some point but it is 9:50 and I am still up. My hunch was that my schedule has been so abnormal that making the time switch should not get me to bad. We will see how I sleep.
Leaf and Elan standing in the same archway Grandma took a picture in a few months back.
So tomorrow we are off to do some sight seeing and take Leaf on the town.
3 comments:
OK, Donna, you said you had a surprise for me...and wow am I surprised! I never would have guessed that in a million years. I think that might be the funniest thing I have ever seen. I am only able to type after laughing out loud for the past 10 minutes!!! Thanks for including me in our family vacation. I can't wait to see what kind of mischief I'll be getting into over the next week? I love you and Elana. Tell everyone I said hi and have a great time...Leaf
Donna...you are classic! I am sooo glad Leaf was able to join your adventures as the 'traveling gnome'. Too funny!!!
Dude! Okay, that is the funniest thing I have ever seen! You are classic, Donna. How thoughtful, hilarious and creative that Leaf got to join you on British land. Maybe Leaf will meet Simon Cowell and take a pic with him or even Harry Potter! Cannot wait to see what happens...
Post a Comment