Thursday, April 23, 2009

It was bound to happen.

So Elana pooped in the tub. This is the day after I wanted to sell her on Craigslist or something. She has been absolutely rotten. Screaming at the top of her lungs for no good reason. I thought it was teething, I thought maybe she has a belly ache...then it occurred to me she just like to hear herself scream. Back to the poop. I grabbed her and plopped her on the toilet not thinking she has no clue what I am doing. She is screaming, pooping and well I have an even bigger mess than if I just left her in the tub. In the end she got another bath, the tub is clean, all the toys are clean and she was happy the rest of the day.

On top of that exciting story....I know the anticipation must be excruciating....Elana is completely weened. Which leaves me with deflated boobs with teeth marks! Oh well nothing a good bra can't handle. I am sure they will be even more lovely if we do this whole kid thing again.

By the way all the people who said breast feeding "helps you lose weight" are freaking liars! Maybe if you were skinny before or have good genes....I was pretty skinny but I lack in the gene department. No offense to my family but Italian and Portuguese heritage could also be called short and portly. It just comes more naturally to us. So after hours at the gym and running, I am at my goal weight. 50 pounds ago I would have never believed I could do it. I remember telling Leaf that my genes have taken over and this is what he has. Lucky for me Leaf puts up with me no matter what.

No comments: