This will go down in infamy....Elana is walking. There is a story of course and I hope that it is not foreshadowing any future behaviour.
Elana took her first steps on April 1st. We have been walking all over holding hands. She can practically run for Pete's sake. So yesterday I decided we should walk outside at my parents and wait for Leaf to come. We walked for about a half hour, picking up rocks, trying to eat leaves, and pounding on trees. At some point Elana found a 10 inch wooden dowel. I let her hold it and we walked a bit and then my mothers voices or was it Gram's...anyway a grandmotherly voice said she could fall on it and poke her eye out. I made Elana sit and play with it. Then Leaf rounded the corner so I grabbed the stick and stood Elana up. She wailed like I beat her with the stick, she then saw Leaf getting out of the car and made a run for him. I grabbed her as she was walking off the curb. I sat her back down and she looked at me and she again walked to Leaf who was now on the sidewalk. I could not even be upset about her tantrum....she is smarter thatn me already.
Elana walked a bit more inside but by the time my parents came home she was tired. Today Elana walked when Camryn came over and made a few extra steps but for now she is still more interested in crawling.
It was cool that both Leaf and I saw Elana make the big move at the same time. There is so many firsts Leaf misses and only hears about. This was a great anniversary present. Tomorrow we are off to the zoo...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment