Ah the weeks go by so fast now. There is so much going on and we have been sick. Not swine flu sick, just regular sick. I am hoping this week will be better.
So in the last week the snail drama has continued. I pulled at least 60 snails off the bushes out front. I sat Elana in her swing and ran between the bush and her for about a half hour. All in the rain. I was so mad at the stupid snails and the worthless bait. I thought it was supposed to kill the little buggers. I guess it is keeping the snails off my vegetables but the love of god they should be dead!!! I am ready to pull out the oleanders..which are poisonous to children and dogs anyway.
Elana is moving and moving. We have a new game that involves climbing up the stairs and then sliding down them. I am not a big fan and my back is sore from running and grabbing her as she tries to make an ascent. The gate is totally useless at this point. Besides opening the gate at will Elana tries to use things to climb over it. We had a stroller issue last week. First, I caught Elana standing in the seat of the open stroller. She climbed up the jogging stroller and was standing in the seat, jumping up and down. I was putting my shoes on, Camryn and Elana were playing I turned the corner and there she was. I collapsed the stroller and it became a new thing to help in Elana's attempts to hop the gate. AHHH.
Elana's other new thing is Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. She loves all things Daddy and when he leaves she wants to go with him. She does the same thing for the Clendenen's. Darlene leaves and I get a crying Elana. Apparently Elana enjoys all the crazy antics of her cousins. I am counting the days because pretty soon I can just ship her off for some payback.
In more mundane news. Jack and Arnold are almost legal. I have to go tomorrow and get them licensed and that is it. Those boys...who I have a love hate relationship with...were angles at the pet shop waiting for their shots. The dogs, you cannot walk without have a total melt down when they see another dog, sat heeled and in a downstay until it was their turn. Other dogs were going crazy and barking and we only had one little incident then they sat down. I guess my rejects are not so bad after all. I still hate the mud and hair they bring in the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that Elana is a little escape artist. She is a clever little one, isn't she? Elana was very good at Auntie Shannie and Uncle J's house on Sat. She did great and was on her best behavior! I think Elana likes that we do not have a baby proof house.
sucks...our new bulldog sheds everywhere and i hate it! I vacuum like 12 times a day...or once a week...whatever! anyhow...the long haired shitzu never shed.
Post a Comment